Homework Sheet: May 20th – May 24th
Mrs. Olsen and Ms. Farrell
Second Grade Gifted
Monday: Language Arts: Apply your knowledge of language use & conventions as you proof-read Three Worst Wishes. Highlight or circle each error.
Tuesday: Written Expression: You found a magic lamp and have been granted three wishes. Write about each one of your wishes. Make certain that you write neatly, incorporate details, and apply proper grammar/spelling rules.
Wednesday: Math: Fibonacci Patterns – Leonardo of Pisa introduced the pattern sequence of numbers in which each subsequent number is the sum of the two previous
( 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13…….). Try it in reverse – work backwards!
Thursday: More Math: Pascal’s Triangle – Blaise Pascal developed this triangular array in which each number is the sum of the two numbers above. Use logical thinking to complete the triangle.
Vocabulary: Matter - Gases
1. condensation – change that occurs when vapor, or gas, becomes a liquid.
2. gas – a state of matter that is easy to compress and evenly fills out a container of any size or shape.
3. vapor – another word for gas; describes gases that are usually found as liquids, such as water.
4. plasma – considered the fourth state of matter; similar to gas but found in very hot temperatures, like stars.
5. reversible change – when matter can be changed back to an earlier state.
6. inertia – an ability matter has to resist change.
7. irreversible change – when matter cannot be changed back to an earlier state.
8. state of matter – refers to the three forms of matter: solids, liquids, gases.
9. physical change – makes something look different.
10. chemical change – causes a whole new material to form.